Paddles Code of Conduct
Chicago Portagers Code of Conduct
Chicago Portagers LLC (“the Team”) believes that all participants have a right to a safe and healthy environment to participate in sports and recreational activities. Chicago Portagers LLC, its players, coaches, managers, agents, representatives, game officials, participants, and spectators have an obligation to promote mutual respect, tolerance, safety, and acceptance. Chicago Portagers LLC expects the undersigned to abide by the following Code of Conduct.
- I will conduct myself, at all times, in an appropriate, professional and sportsmanlike manner, and will treat all teammates, competitors, officials, staff members, and others involved in the Team with courtesy and respect.
- I will take no action (or omit to take any action) that causes (or may cause) public embarrassment for myself or the Team, or that brings (or may bring) myself or the Team into disrepute in the community.
- I will respectfully follow the instructions and requests of staff members and other representatives and agents associated with the Team without hesitation or resistance.
- I will follow all applicable local, state, federal and international laws while participating in Team Events.
- I will abide by all applicable event, facility, and league rules and will act in a manner that is respectful of the event that I am attending and its facilities. I will show respect for all event facilities by picking up after myself and disposing of trash.
- I will use language that is appropriate during all Team events and activities. I will not use obscene language, gestures or curse words. I will not use slurs, phrases or gestures which denigrate, ridicule, or mock a person or persons based upon their race, gender identity, sexual orientation, economic status, nationality, religion, country of origin, or political affiliation.
- I will not physically or verbally intimidate or threaten any players, opponents, referees, coaches, fans, or staff members during any Team activity.
- I will not intentionally injure or harm another teammate, opponent, referee, player, or staff member (“person”) during any Team activity. I understand and accept that if I intentionally injure any person as set forth above, I will be responsible for paying for any and all medical costs and other damages that result from such injury.
- I will not use alcohol, tobacco products, or illegal drugs of any kind (including, without limitation, prescription drugs not properly prescribed by a medical doctor) during Team activities.
- I understand that violating this Code of Conduct in any respect, implied or otherwise, may or will result in consequences, including, but not limited to, suspension and expulsion from the Team.